How to open an NPS account online
A step-by-step guide for new applicants opening an NPS account online by logging on to the NPS Trust website and investing.
• Aadhaar or PAN. Aadhaar should have current address and mobile number, PAN should be linked to bank account.
• Netbanking facility, debit or credit card.
• Passport size photograph (4-12 kb)
• Scanned image of signature (12 kb).
2. Log on to NPS Trust website ( enps.nsdl.com/eNPS/NationalPensionSystem. html )
Click on registration and choose ‘Individual’.
3. Enter your Aadhaar or PAN
You will be sent an OTP on the registered mobile number for verification.
4. Choose type of account
Start with Tier I account. If investing for other goals, you can also choose Tier II.
5. Key in OTP for authentication
If you chose Aadhaar, simple OTP authentication is required. If using PAN, your bank will verify your details and charge Rs 125.
6. Fill in personal details
If Aadhaar is used, many details will be prefi lled in the form. Submit to generate acknowledgement number
7. Choose pension fund manager
Choose any of eight pension funds.
8. Choose investment mode
In auto mode, equity allocation changes with age. In active mode, you decide the mix
9. Choose investment mix
If you opt for active management, specify how to spread corpus across fund classes.
10. Assign your nominees
Give details of the people who should get the corpus in case the investor dies.
11. Upload photograph and signature
If not using Aadhaar, upload picture. Else, just upload signature.
12. Make contribution and get PRAN
Minimum amount is Rs 500 for Tier I and Rs 1,000 for Tier II.
You can invest through Netbanking, credit card and debit card.
After payment is approved, you will be allotted a PRAN
13. Download completed form
Take a print of form, stick your photo, sign it and mail within 90 days to CRA office.