How to download Aadhaar from the UIDAI website
If you have applied for an Aadhaar but have not received it yet, you can download a PDF of it online. Here's a guide to how you can download it online.
If you have applied for an Aadhaar card but have not received it yet, you can download a PDF of it online from the website.
Here's a step by step guide to how you can download Aadhaar online:
1. Visit the UIDAI website www.uidai.gov.in
2. Click on the download Aadhaar option
3. Enter either your 28 digit enrolment ID as mentioned on the acknowledgment slip or your 12-digit Aadhaar number, if you have it or 16 digit Virtual ID.
4. Fill in other details such as name as the mentioned on the Aadhaar/Enrolment ID/VID, name, pin code, captcha etc.
5. Click on 'Request OTP' if you have not generated 'TOTP using m-Aadhaar app'. A pop-up will appear asking you to confirm the last four digits of your mobile number. Make sure you have provided your correct mobile number while enrolling/updating your Aadhaar as the OTP will be sent on this number.
6. Enter the OTP and click on 'Download Aadhaar'.
7. This file is password protected. The password for the file is the first four letters of your name as mentioned on Aadhaar card which you will have to enter in capital letters and your year of birth in YYYY format. For instance, if your name is Sneha and you were born in the year 1980, then your password will be SNEH1980.