How to link Aadhaar with Airtel mobile number
Now you can verify your mobile number with Aadhaar sitting at home if your mobile number is registered with the UIDAI database.
Here's your step-wise guide to verifying your mobile number with Aadhaar via IVR:
- Call 14546(tollfree)
- Then IVR plays a message asking for your consent for verification through UIDAI under the Aadhaar Act, 2016.
- After you give your consent, the TSP sends your mobile number to UIDAI and UIDAI will check if your mobile number is registered. Registered users will get an OTP to proceed.
- The TSP again asks for your consent to fetch your personal details like date of birth, address and so on from UIDAI to verify the mobile number, and treat the OTP authentication as your signature.
- After you enter the correct OTP, the service provider fetches your details from UIDAI and gives you an option of sequentially keying other alternate mobile numbers, if any, count-wise and number-wise.
- A message confirming the successful verification is played.
- After completing the given process, before updating / overwriting your details in their database, the TSP seeks your confirmation and sends you a message after 24 hours. If you do not respond to this message within 3 days, the verification will be treated as positive.