Never miss a great news story!
Get instant notifications from Economic Times
AllowNot now

You can switch off notifications anytime using browser settings.
ET Wealth

How to get PAN card details corrected

Have something to say? Post your comment

Comments are moderated and will be allowed if they are about the topic and not abusive.

Characters remaining (1500)

Readers' opinions (14)

M name is j krish patel I got error in my name in pan card..I tried the link given above but i can''t fill the form..First name is j but it says it shud b more than 1 character..Help me outJ krish patel

Charanjit Chhatwal (USA)

On line form is very difficult to complete by taxpayers with normal expertise in computer working. The requirement for DSC and size in kB are not possible to meet. Where as income tax filing site is easy and user friendly this site for PAN changes is worthless for users. Paper filing for PAN changes is the only way left for tax payers.

SM (chennai)

Useful information but the site sucked the patience in me .. failed many time took 2hrs to submit the details

Very useful information. Thanks for it.

But site is not working. Every person does not have digital signature than how he can authorise the change.

rohit mishra (Indore)

I have applied for correction in PAN card details at ThePANcard ( but did not received any acknowledge from the other side about the modification in PAN card.I doubt whether the site is fake or genuine...

This is not a govt site, and it is preferred to go through nsdl or utl which even if it takes more than 4 weeks for the PAN card generation but will ultimately reach your home.

Varghese Thomas (Bengaluru)

All said and done, its PAN or AADHAAR ! Confusionstill persists !

Other useful Links

Copyright © 2020 Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd. All rights reserved. For reprint rights: Times Syndication Service