How to register and update mobile number with your SBI savings account
Here are the steps you can follow to register or update/change your mobile number with your State Bank of India (SBI) savings account.
If you have not registered your mobile number with your State Bank of India (SBI) savings account, here is how you can do it.
REGISTRATION FOR THE FIRST TIME
If you do not have your mobile number registered with your bank account, then you can do the same either by visiting the home branch or an SBI ATM.
Here's how you can register your mobile number by visiting an SBI ATM:
1. Swipe your card and from the menu choose the 'Registration' option.
2. Enter your ATM PIN.
3. Select mobile number registration option.
4. Enter the mobile number you want to register. Select 'correct' option if you have entered correct number.
5. Re-enter your mobile number and select 'correct' option. Once you do this, this message will appear on the ATM screen: "Thank you for registering your mobile number with us". Within three days, you will receive a call from the contact centre.
6. A reference number will be sent to your mobile number via SMS.
As per SBI call centre, within three days you will receive a call from the contact centre. For the sake of safety, ask the call centre person to quote the reference number. Continue with the call only if it matches the reference number you received by you via SMS.
Once this is done, you will have to verify your personal details, and then your mobile number will be registered in your bank account. You will receive an SMS from the bank confirming the same.
UPDATION/CHANGE OF MOBILE NUMBER
There are three ways to update your mobile number in your savings account without visiting branch: a) Internet banking, b) SBI ATM and c) Phone banking. To use these options, it is mandatory to have a debit card.
Through Internet banking
You must be registered Net banking user. If you have not registered yourself, click here.
Once you have registered yourself, follow these steps to update your mobile number:
1. Visit SBI website: www.onlinesbi.com and login to your account.
2. Click on 'My Account & Profile' and select 'Profile' option.
3. Under the profile, select personal details/Mobile
4. Enter the profile password (other than your login password). Display name, email ID and mobile number registered in your account will be displayed.
5. Click on the hyper link 'Change Mobile number -Domestic only' (Through OTP/ATM/Contact Centre)
6. A new screen of 'Personal Details -mobile number update' with three options -- 'create request', 'cancel request' and 'status' -- will appear.
7. Select the 'create request' option. Enter the new mobile number. You will be required to re-enter the mobile number. Click on submit.
8. A pop-up message will appear where you will have to verify and confirm your mobile number. Click on OK to proceed.
9. You will now have to approve the change of mobile number. There are three ways to do this: a) Through one-time password (OTP) on both mobile numbers (old and new), b) IRATA: Internet Banking Request Approval through ATM, and c) Approval through contact centre.
10. After selecting an option, choose the account for which you possess the debit card and click on proceed.
11. In the next screen, debit cards associated with your account (active/inactive) will be displayed. Select the active card and click on proceed.
12. Enter details such as card number, valid through/expiry date, cardholder's name, PIN and characters visible in the box and click on submit.
13. Verify the information and click on pay.
After successful verification of your debit card, follow these steps as per the chosen option, i.e., through OTP, Net banking request through ATM, or contact centre.
By OTP on both mobile numbers
If you have chosen this option, follow these steps to complete the process:
a) An OTP will be sent on both, your old and new, mobile numbers.
b) Once you get the passwords you need to send SMSes from both numbers in the following format: ACTIVATE <8 digit OTP value>, <13 digit reference number> to 567676 within four hours.
c) On successful validation of OTP value and reference number, the new mobile number will be updated in the bank's records. You will get a message on your new number once this is done.
Through Contact Centre
You can use this option if you do not have your old mobile number or if you do not want to visit an SBI ATM. Up on selecting this option:
a) An SMS with a reference number to change/update your mobile number will be sent to the new mobile number.
b) Within the next three days, you will get a call from your bank on your new mobile number. Before sharing any personal details, ask the contact centre person to confirm the reference number to you. Only if it matches should you give out your personal details.
Up on successful verification, the new mobile number will be updated in the bank's records. A confirmation message will be sent on your new mobile number.
Through Internet banking request approval through ATM
If you have chosen this option:
a) An SMS containing your reference number will be sent to your new mobile number.
b) At an SBI ATM, swipe your card and select services and input your ATM PIN.
c) Select 'Others' tab and choose 'Internet Banking Approval Request' option.
d) Enter your reference number
e) Up on successful completion, your mobile number will be updated in the bank's records. You will receive a message from the bank on your new mobile number for confirmation.
Via SBI ATM
To change your mobile number by visiting an SBI ATM, follow these steps:
a) Visit your nearby SBI ATM and swipe your card
b) Select the 'Registration' option from the menu
c) Enter your ATM PIN and select 'Update your mobile number'
d) Enter your old mobile number and confirm it. Now, enter the new mobile number and confirm it.
e) OTPs will be sent on both, the old and new mobile numbers.
As per the SBI call centre, if you possess your old and new numbers, then you will have to send the OTP and reference numbers from both numbers to 567676 within four hours.
If you do not have your old mobile number, then just send the SMS from your new mobile number. Within the next three days, you will receive a call from the contact centre. Confirm and verify the reference number before sharing any personal details with the contact centre. On successful verification of your personal details, your mobile number will be updated.
Via Phone Banking
To change your mobile number through phone banking, one must be a registered phone banking user. If you are already a registered phone banking registered user, you will be required to call the SBI contact centre (1800-11-22-11 or 1800-425-3800) and follow the steps. Keep your ATM card details, PIN and bank account details handy before making the call.