Only 18% senior citizens have health insurance: Survey
As per the Survey report, 42 per cent of the respondents sometimes feels insecure about financial matters.
Who helps you with finances in case of medical emergencies?
- 32% - I am in full control of my finances. I keep money handy for an emergency.
- 10% - When needed, I seek help from my neighbours.
- 14% - My relatives and friends help out many times.
- 26% - My children take care of such situations.
- 18% - I have health insurance cover.
What would be your anxiety if you have to reach out to your children financially?
How concerned are you about your financial matters?
- 37% - Not at all. I am financially secured.
- 42% - Sometimes I feel insecure.
- 12% - Frequently
- 9% - All the time. It is my main worry
Have you made financial plans for medical emergencies for parents?
- 47% Yes, I have made provisions.
- 24% Not yet, but I will make provisions soon.
- 17% Do not feel the need. Parents are financially stable.
- 12% They have taken care by purchasing Insurance themselves.
Should all employer plans cover employees’ parents?
Do you know if your parents have medical insurance?
Source: Indian Parental Care Survey 2019. The survey was conducted among 998 senior citizens in the 60-70 age group, and 1,002 offsprings in the 30-45 age group in 10 cities.