UIDAI has already restricted the number of times date of birth can be updated in the Aadhaar card - you can only do it once.
Read on to know more about these restrictions.
- How many times name can be updated in Aadhaar card?
According to UIDAI's office memorandum, an Aadhaar card holder can now update his/her name in the Aadhaar card only twice.
- How many times date of birth can be updated in Aadhaar card?
The rules regarding updation of date of birth have been further tightened. As mentioned above, date of birth can be updated only once in the Aadhaar card. In addition to that, the change in date of birth will be allowed to the maximum range of plus or minus three years of the date of birth recorded during Aadhaar enrolment.
Similarly, an individual submitting proof of date of birth at the time of enrolment will be recorded as verified in the UIDAI's records. However, in case the individual does not have documentary proof for date of birth at the time of enrolment, then the date of birth with the UIDAI will be recorded as declared or approximate.
In future, if the said individual wishes to update his/her date of birth, then he will have to provide documentary proof of his/her date of birth.
Update request from individual for change in date of birth from 'declared/approximate' to 'verified' will be allowed only once. This can only be done upon the submission of relevant documentary proof. This change is allowed irrespective of range/limit of change.
@Niteshj38620678 You can update Name in your Aadhaar only twice. Visit any Aadhaar Kendra with a valid POI proof (s… https://t.co/Fpcn55VrcB— Aadhaar Help Centre (@Aadhaar_Care) 1574052175000
Individuals whose date of birth is already recorded UIDAI as 'verified' will not be allowed to change their date of birth.
- How many times gender can be updated in Aadhaar card?
The UIDAI office memorandum puts the restriction on the number of times gender details can be updated in the Aadhaar card. According to the memorandum, gender details can be updated only once.
- What if you want to make changes beyond the mandated limit?
Updation of name, gender or date of birth in the Aadhaar card more than the mandated number of times can only be done through an exception handling process which may require the Aadhaar card holder to visit the regional office of the UIDAI.
- How does exception handling process work?
In case name, date of birth and gender are to be updated more than the prescribed limit, then the process is as follows:
1. The individual will be required to visit Aadhaar enrolment/ update centre to update his name, date of birth or gender.
2. As the update is beyond the prescribed number of times, the individual will be required to send a request to accept the update made at the enrolment centre, via email or post, to the regional office of the UIDAI. The individual is required to explain why such request should be accepted along with a copy of URN slip, Aadhaar detail and relevant proof detail. The email should be sent at email@example.com. Remember, individual is not required to visit regional office physically unless specifically asked to visit.
3. The regional office shall do the due diligence and ascertain whether the update request is genuine or not. The regional office may seek additional information from the resident or carry out a field investigation as may be required.
4. If the regional office ascertains that the update request is genuine, then the request will be sent to the tech centre for processing/reprocessing the request.
- How companies are driving gender diversity, post-Covid
- Sebi aims for real gender parity at India Inc
- Women crucial to Joe Biden's win, even as gender gap held steady
- Attorney General KK Venugopal wants gender sensitisation lectures for judges
- AG stresses on gender sensitisation, tells SC about need to educate judges
- Gender equality tougher in Indian business families, says Shanu Hinduja
13 Comments on this Story
KRISHNAN V7 days ago
Pls relax the name update in Aadhar card more than twice. Because some time initial in the name may be differ as front or back due to state rules.Some error may be occur in enrollment section due to oversite.Female change their initial after married life.
Bala Crazie10 days ago
I applied for DOB in aadhar through online. But on acknowledgement, it is updated & printed with different/wrong date which I haven't selected. How this happens? Now can we re-apply for the change??
GAJE SINGH80 days ago
Complaint mein jo documents humne mail kar rakhe hain, Unki process report aane mein maximum kitna time lagega.
Bahut buri condition hai sir/madam Aadhaar care waalon ki. Koi response hi nhi dete. Denge bhi kaise jab hamari bheji huyi mail check hi nhi ki. Yadi check kar bhi li ho to response dene me pata nhi kya ho jata hai.
Please reply my question..