If you want to link your bank account with Aadhaar, then you can either submit a copy of your Aadhaar card at your home branch or link it online on the bank's website.
However, even if you have submitted your Aadhaar details at your branch there is still a possibility that the linkage between the two was not done correctly by the bank or it may be that the bank has not linked Aadhaar with your account because they have misplaced your details.
Here's a step-by-step guide to check whether your Aadhaar has been linked with your bank account.
2. Click on 'Check Aadhaar/Bank Account Linking Status' in the 'My Aadhaar' tab under the Aadhaar services option.
3. Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number or 16 digit Virtual ID and security code as shown on the screen. Once submitted, an OTP will be sent to your mobile number registered in the Aadhaar database.
4. Enter the OTP and click on 'Login'. Remember the OTP received by you is valid for 10 minutes only.
5. On successful login, the website shows whether your Aadhaar number is successfully mapped or not.
Points to remember
- It will only show you the last bank account that has been linked with your Aadhaar.
- If you have multiple bank accounts, you will have to check the status of the same with the bank.
- You will be able to use this service only if your mobile number is linked to your Aadhaar.
- Stock bourses may get access to broker bank account details soon
- Google redesigns Pay app, plans mobile-first bank accounts in 2021
- Tax implications of NRI transferring money to wife's bank account in India
- Delhi electric vehicles push: Subsidy to be sent to bank account soon
- Universal bank account: It’s time to reimagine beyond digital banking
- HC disapproves of ED's "unreasonable" move to freeze entire bank accounts
21 Comments on this Story
Manju Jeeva94 days ago
Bank accout is miss
Shabbir Fakir823 days ago
i hv lost my airtel bank acc.last 4digit is 2184
Madhu1069 days ago
People have multiple bank accounts and multiple mobile numbers.
It will be easier if UIDAI can create a one page URL, where one can link all his mobile numbers and all his bank account after OTP verification. This way, we do not have to provide our AADHAR no. to multiple vendors and at the same time safely upload all our private data ourselves.
One URL, One step Aadhar linking..!