More than 200 leading senior representatives from organisations operating in the non-financial services domain in the country participated in the Protiviti India's Business Resilience Barometer survey. The survey, however, noted strong revival initiatives amidst fall in revenue and business disruptions.
Here’s a look at what some of the key indicators are suggesting for Tuesday’s market action.
- Trade setup: Nifty hits the 200-DMA wall
- Is Nifty signalling loss of momentum?
- How did RBI measures help democratise fund raising?
- Timely measures helped stabilize mkt: RBI
- FPO final hurdle in YES Bank revival: CEO
- D-St second-guesses what's in store at RIL's July 15 AGM
- Expect more NBFCs to raise funds: Fitch
Chief researcher Elena Smolyarchuk, who heads the Center for Clinical Research on Medications at Sechenov University, told that the human trials for the vaccine have been completed at the university and they will be discharged soon.
- Jhunjhunwala gives away his multibagger hunt formula
- HDFC Bank probes lending practices at vehicle unit
- Google to invest $10 billion in India, will use money to up digital stake
- Virus boosts digital payments in India where cash ban failed
- Mumbai doesn't need lockdown, only 200 being referred to hospitals daily: BMC Chief
- Analysts find Rossari IPO asking valuation not so rosy: Should you subscribe?
- Stocks in the news: DMart, Vodafone Idea, RIL, Biocon and JSW Steel
Last month, India allowed the export of personal protective equipment(PPE) medical coveralls with a monthly quota of 50 lakh. It also permitted the export of non-surgical/non-medical masks made up of rayon, nylon, polyester, viscose fabrics in woven, blended and knitted form in addition to masks made up of cotton, silk and woollen.
- Non-financial services sector may take 25% hit in revenue amid COVID-19 disruptions: Survey
- NHAI to collaborate with IITs, other institutes for improving highway infrastructure
- Unprecedented rainfall making tea planters apprehending heavy and long term yield loss
- India's June retail inflation picks up to 6.09% y/y
- Trade with Bangladesh opens doors for India's non-basmati rice exports
- Not against imports, have to import products where we have difficulty: Piyush Goyal
- Govt invites feedback on non-personal data governance draft report
TOP GAINERSCOMPANY NAME%CHANGECHANGELTP
Buy HIL Ltd. at a price target of Rs 1800.0 .
- Buy ITC, target price Rs 230: Axis Securities
- Buy Tata Motors, target price Rs 126: Motilal Oswal
- Sell Avenue Supermarts, target price Rs 2000: Motilal Oswal
- Buy Reliance Industries, target price Rs 2000: Motilal Oswal
- Buy Inox Leisure, target price Rs 292: Anand Rathi
- Buy Equitas Holdings, target price Rs 71: Motilal Oswal
- Buy Bharat Electronics, target price Rs 120: Anand Rathi
RBI policy measures aimed at calming financial markets have brought down funding costs in the corporate bond market to decadal lows.
- RIL shares scale new record, as D-Street tries to second-guess what's in store at July 15 AGM
- FPO final hurdle in YES Bank revival: Prashant Kumar
- Expect more NBFCs to raise funds; recovery to take more than a year: Fitch
- View: Emerging markets are going to pay the price again
- PMSes deliver over 50% return for Q1; few high-profile ones lag
- View: Look beyond largecaps, focus on dominant sectoral names
- Jhunjhunwala's biggest stock holding divides analysts
- View: Gold one of the safest bets for next 5 years
POLITICS AND NATION
The chief minister had, last week, appealed to people not to leave Bengaluru as rural areas of the State are safe with fewer cases, and any influx from Bengaluru into those villages will only spread the Covid-19 infection. But that is exactly what happened when the government, all of a sudden, announced a weeklong lockdown on Saturday.
- Lockdown in Karnataka: Industries, construction & ecommerce allowed; shops open till noon
- 19 states have COVID recovery rate higher than national average of 63.02%: Centre
- Rajasthan Congress Legislature Party backs Ashok Gehlot
- Sharad Pawar should join NDA and form government with BJP, RPI in Maharashtra: Ramdas Athawale
- Rahul, Priyanka Gandhi in touch with Sachin Pilot, trying to placate him: Sources
- Tablighi Jamaat: Delhi court grants bail to 85 Kyrgystan nationals
- View: Congress should sack Pilot, back Gehlot and promote grass-roots leaders rather than parachute artistes
The company is marketing the drug as a replacement to Roche Pharma’s Tocilizumab (originally approved for rheumatoid arthritis) that is currently in off label use (it means use of a drug for an unapproved indication) among Covid-19 patients who suffer from cytokine release syndrome (CRS) or “cytokine storm”.
- PepsiCo India beverages and snack sales fall by double digits in the past 12 weeks
- SPJIMR introduces 'Weekending with Vishwas' for mental wellbeing of students and staff
- Rakesh Wadhwan, director of HDIL, loses appeal against initiating insolvency proceedings
- Toyota launches finance schemes, including 55% assured buyback for Yaris, Glanza
- Not single block of 48 working mines begins operation after 4 months of possession hand over: FIMI
- ITC Hotels announces food partnership with Zomato
- Biocon to launch drug for COVID-19 patients; priced at Rs 8,000 per vial
Most investors know about the power of compounding and how time can help multiply your wealth. However, if your investments do not beat inflation, you can end up with a lot of money but still, be poor.
- Why your MF hasn’t kept pace with the soaring index
- Trading in stocks is injurious to your wealth
- The basics of investing according to Warren Buffett
- Why stock investors should be wary now
- How to avail a card protection insurance plan
- Who should opt for Covid Kavach health insurance
- Why DSP Equity Opportunities MF is a worthy bet
ET Bureau For the fiscal ended March 2020, Bharti Airtel’s consolidated India debt stood at Rs 1.1 lakh crore whereas, Jio’s parent Reliance Industries declared itself net debt free last month
PTI Multiple efforts to find a vaccine against the dreaded virus are on both globally as well domestically, but no timelines have been announced yet. Many analysts are expecting the Indian economy to contract by 5 per cent in FY21 as a result of the nationwide lockdowns, with some also estimating a contraction of up to 7.2 per cent in the GDP.
Bloomberg India’s most valuable lender by market capitalization decided against proceeding with an earlier proposal to extend the employment of Ashok Khanna, an 18-year veteran at the bank, after the investigation was completed, said sources. The vehicle financing unit he headed had outstanding loans of more than Rs 1.2 lakh crore ($16 billion) as of March 31.
ET CONTRIBUTORS Recently, Trump announced a temporary suspension of foreign work visas. Kuwait too is in the process of enacting similar legislation. This then raises certain important questions as to whether the growing pandemic makes borders largely redundant and what impact will Trump’s actions have on the industries, individual employees and the larger Indo-US relations?
ET Bureau The IPO is expected to test investor appetite at a time when consensus earnings are likely to contract for the first time in decades. The company’s asking price-to-earnings multiple is at the higher end of its price band and equivalent to large-sized industry counterparts, indicating that quality is being offered at a handsome price.
Reuters U.S. gold futures were up 0.4% at $1,809.40 per ounce.
Bloomberg Behind this decoupling of markets and Main Street lies a familiar culprit.
ETMarkets.com Here’s who bought and sold what in some of the key bulk deals of the day.
- Views: Posted:
- Views: 13Posted:
- Views: 80Posted:
- Views: 46Posted:
- Views: 23Posted:
- Views: 12Posted:
- Views: 312Posted:
- Views: 1333Posted:
- Views: 334Posted:
- Views: 3003Posted:
- Views: 2245Posted:
- Views: 1853Posted:
- Views: 846Posted:
- Views: 28Posted:
- Views: 366Posted:
- Views: 164Posted:
- Views: 24Posted:
- Views: 5641Posted:
- Views: 3063Posted:
- Views: 2945Posted:
- Views: 2135Posted:
- Views: 9Posted:
- Views: 22Posted:
- Views: 215Posted:
- Views: 65Posted:
- Views: 1358Posted: