- Valuation worry? Have to live with higher mcap-to-GDP, P/E, P/BV now
The higher the government support, technology presence and control over the Covid situation, the better has been the market performance.
- Better late than never! Investors finally lap up Indian REITs & InvITs
Within a short period of two years, the product has gained significant popularity among issuers as well as institutional investors.
- Fresh US stimulus likely to get the markets out of current rut
Traders are advised to follow a buy-on-dips approach with the 10,850 level as strict stop loss.
- Global investing: Sounds lucrative, but it can be costly to venture out blindly
Global investing is extremely complicated, difficult. In fact, it can be downright dangerous because of a million factors affecting companies and markets at lightning fast speed.
- How RBI prevented a liquidity crisis from becoming a solvency crisis for India Inc?
NBFCs and HFCs are able to borrow at 20 to 70 basis points over t bills rates up to one-year segment and corporates are able to borrow at 10 to 40 basis points over comparable T-bills in the one-year segment.
- The times they are a-changin’ for central bank money policies
As a response to the Global Financial Crisis, the US Federal Reserve had slashed interest rates to a near-zero per cent, and even announced unconventional measures such as Quantitative Easing (QE). Other central banks in the developed economies also followed suit.
- RBI likely to pause on rate cuts on Aug 6 due to spike in inflation
The general expectation is that the rise in inflation has been due to supply shocks while demand pressures will remain leading to lower inflation by Q4 of FY21.
- Can guaranteed insurance products ensure stability to your portfolio?
Market-linked products may be more rewarding for customers over the long term, but they also come with intermittent volatility.
- Brave New World: Why you need to be an asset owner at this time
The relative performance of US cyclical and defensive stocks is a useful indicator of economic growth.
- FII investments in debt: Why are we lower down in pecking order?
Foreign investments, subject to limits, are welcome as they create that much demand for the fresh supply of instruments.
- Did the market really go ahead of the economy in recent rally?
Markets are always forward-looking, instead of repenting over the past. The market’s performance over the past six months has been testimony to this fact.
- Avoid ROMO investing in stocks, such trades usually end in sorrow
Let’s take a look at the key highlights in these six months.
- The rise of GenNext Champions: How to identify quality smallcaps?
Powerful well-run franchises like Asian Paints, HDFC Bank, Nestle, Titan and Bajaj Finance have all performed way better than their rivals.
- How to change your gameplan in equity & debt funds from here on
On the domestic economy front, some sectors will get impacted less: agriculture, telecom, FMCG etc.
- Following the follower: Who is the leader in a stock market anyway?
Depending on who is the kindly gentleman guiding him, the new trader will experience the market in that fashion.
- Beware! A bear ambush will slaughter the ‘cats and dogs’
A major trend in the current market is the sharp rise in the number of retail investors. A large numbers of new accounts have been opened, many of them by the millennials from Tier II and III cities.
- It’s not always about the money, stupid!
All around us, a large part of the world is locked down and car horns are replaced by chirping birds. The economic machine of the world was not designed to stand still and we can see the impact of that on several industries.
- Often wrong, but rarely in doubt! What really leads to bad investment decisions
We make many mistakes in judgement like the six blind men.
- It’s not just gold that glitters: Knock, knock! Silver is spiking too
What’s intriguing for the silver chart is the “rare of rarest price pattern.”
- Significant drop in outbound M&As by India Inc telling us something
All this is telling us that Corporate India has been suffering from an inability to invest
- Dichotomy between markets and economy… can you still benefit?
Why are stocks rallying amid the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression?
- When land of the free got a reality check & markets shrugged it off
Markets both in the US and in India seem to demonstrate some kind of dementia.
- Good, Bad & Ugly! How Covid-19 can churn winners on Dalal Street
The Covid-19 situation has brought our focus back on a few important aspects.
- Loan moratorium extension has two sides; the second one is ugly for banks
For banks, the extension of moratorium by another three months has two sides.
- A D-Street veteran’s survival tips for stock investors in post-Covid world
The economic situation of India was very bad even before the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Millennials break the rule, emerge smartest breed of stock investors
Even when markets declined, it did not stop young retail investors from investing in equity.
- Once-in-a-decade moves throw up big opportunities in forex market
In just one month, dollar-rupee volatility levels have quadrupled from 4% to 16% levels.
- Coronavirus and market sentiment: Could this get worse?
Last week, saw a global meltdown of the financial markets.
- Fairy tale of banking liquidity: Why debt funds are your best bet now
In a monetary system, the only entity that can create or destroy money is the central bank.
- Best strategy to make money when market rebounds from a downturn
Economics is infamous for the difference of opinion among its practitioners.
- When equity mutual funds offer negative returns, here’s what you do
The need of the hour is to stay insulated from the panic in the market.
- In banking, use Graham’s weighing machine rule to pick the best stocks
The NPA situation is showing signs of stabilisation in the last one year.
- How to use Cap Curve to build a solid portfolio of equity funds?
The one aspect that can be used by a vast cross-section of investors is age.
- Union Budget: Sitharaman seems to have pulled off a fine balancing act
The budget has tried to strike a balance between fiscal consolidation and supporting growth.
- Early signs of realty revival: 6% rise in sales; price-to-income multiples drop
It appears the pains of the industry have received due attention after a long time.
- Re-energised markets: How FIIs, swaps and Fed drove this surge
Rates markets got impacted by reports of slowdown in global growth rates.
- RBI’s rate-setting meet: Here’s what MPC is discussing
Since the last policy, domestic and global economic outlook has deteriorated further.
- Why it is a bad idea to always look for outperformers while investing in mutual funds
A different approach to fund management would mean a different trajectory of returns.
- Can rupee head to 75 to dollar in 2019? Yes, & here is why
In 2018, the rupee fell about 9 per cent; it was down 15 per cent as of October.
- Outlook 2019: Withdrawal symptoms all over, do not take risks that you can’t tolerate
The most significant thing to watch out for in 2019 will not be Indian general elections
- Did you say interest rate hike can stem rupee slide, and revive it too?
The MPC needs to stay put while being watchful of external circumstances.
- A shift away from yellow metal in India makes gold ETFs bleed
International gold prices peaked in 2011, but have been falling since 2012.
- Can the ‘TINA’ halo over Indian equities turn into a major trap?
Investments towards equities are very low, falling in the mid single digit region.
- Quick fix possible for NPA menace? It's not as tough as you may think
The NPA problem is undoubtedly the most pressing issue in the Indian banking sector today.
- If you can figure out various market phases, you can draw a successful investment strategy
An investor has to remain invested through the complete cycle for better return on an investment.
- Mutual funds are right for you, but beware of mis-selling
We need to remember that good mutual fund products not necessarily need hard selling.
- Indians’ changing savings habit can tell what’s in store for this market
No long-term capital gains tax on equities makes them an attractive option for future.