Wrap Up: All you need to know about the outbreak today
- U.S. CDC reports 5,119,711 coronavirus cases
- Greece registers 262 new coronavirus cases, highest daily tally
- French COVID-19 infections set new post-lockdown daily record
- More than 5,000 wiped off UK virus toll following review
- Delhi reports 1,113 new COVID-19 cases, 1,021 recovered cases & 14 deaths
- India-Bhutan border trade via Bengal suspended due to lockdown in Himalayan kingdom
- Paris Marathon cancelled after coronavirus hits travel plans
- India's COVID-19 recovery rate soars past 70%, record 56,110 recuperate in one day
- Statewide complete lockdown on 28th August stands withdrawn in West Bengal
- Norway to quarantine more travellers as COVID-19 rises
- 92,414 tests in Bihar today, 97,911 in UP out of 7 lakh tests in the country
- 9 new COVID-19 positive cases have been reported in Dharavi area of Mumbai
- Scientists sceptical about Russia's COVID-19 vaccine, cite lack of evidence for efficacy
- 82 new COVID19 cases & 48 recovered cases reported in Himachal Pradesh
- 1,212 new COVID-19 cases and 5 deaths reported in Kerala
- Tamil Nadu reports 5,871 new COVID-19 cases and 119 deaths
- 'Baahubali' director SS Rajamouli, family test negative for COVID-19
- Nepal's coronavirus tally jumps to 24,432 with 484 new cases
- Jordan to close border with Syria after spike in COVID-19 cases
- 9,597 new cases, 6,676 recoveries & 93 deaths reported in Andhra Pradesh
- MoS Shripad Y Naik tests Covid-19 positive
- 41 new COVID-19 positive cases, 76 recovered cases in Manipur
- Odisha relaxes shutdown norms for few hours on Independence Day
- Jammu & Kashmir reports 482 new COVID-19 cases
- Karnataka reports 7,883 new cases, 7,034 recoveries & 113 deaths
- 480 COVID-19 cases and 161 recoveries reported in Goa today
- 1,020 new COVID-19 cases, 422 recovered cases & 39 deaths reported in Punjab
- 12,712 new COVID-19 cases reported in Maharashtra
- Air India to close stations in Vienna, Milan, other European cities
Greece registers 262 new coronavirus cases, highest daily tally
- Greece reported 262 new cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday
- Its the highest daily tally since the start of the outbreak in the country
- The latest jump in cases brings the total number of infections in the country to 6,177
- There have been 216 deaths recorded.
French COVID-19 infections set new post-lockdown daily record
- The French health ministry reported 2,524 new coronavirus infections over the past 24 hours
- This is a new post-lockdown daily record, which took the country's cumulative total of cases to 206,696
More than 5,000 wiped off UK virus toll following review
Britain revised down its death toll from the coronavirus pandemic by more than 5,000 to 41,329
U.S. CDC Reports 1,244 New Deaths Due To Coronavirus As Of Yesterday
Turkish schools to begin reopening on September 21: Education Minister
U.S. CDC reports 5,119,711 coronavirus cases
679 COVID-19 cases and 8 deaths reported in Jharkhand today
- The total number of cases in the State is now at 20,257
- This includes 12,197 recovered/discharged, 7,858 active cases, and 202 deaths
4,593 COVID cases detected out of 1,43,109 tests conducted today
- Total cases stand at 68,999 including 45,073 recovered cases
- Total number of active cases stands at 23,762 with 161 casualties
India has extended an assistance of US dollar 1 million to the government of Antigua and Barbuda for combating COVID-19 pandemic
COVID-19: Air India to close stations in Vienna, Milan, other European cities
- National carrier Air India on Wednesday decided to close down five out of a total of 10 stations
- These stations are located in Vienna, Milan, among other cities in Europe due to Covid crisis
- No flights under the Vande Bharat Mission are scheduled to take off from the cities where it is closing its stations.
German agency does not expect COVID vaccine in autumn, withdraws report
Coronavirus: UK says analysis of data in England found 96% of deaths occurred within 60 days or had COVID-19 on the death certificate. 88% of deaths occurred within 28 days
272 new coronavirus cases in Surat, highest in Gujarat
- Number of coronavirus cases in Surat district rose to 16,554
- 272 new cases being reported on Wednesday
- With five new fatalities, the death toll in the district rose to 710
53 fresh COVID-19 cases in Ladakh
- A total of 53 fresh COVID-19 cases were reported in Ladakh
- This takes the Union Territory's tally to 1,770
- Ladakh accounted for nine coronavirus-related deaths
- While 1,255 patients have recovered from the disease
797 fresh COVID-19 cases reported today, taking the total number of cases in the state to 44,024 including 6,827 active cases, 36,694 recovered/discharged cases and 503 deaths. Recovery rate in the state is 83.35%: Haryana Government
West Bengal reports 2,936 new COVID19 cases and 54 deaths today. The total number of cases rises to 1,04,326 and the death toll is at 2,203. There are 26,003 active cases: State Health Department
1,132 new COVID-19 cases and 50 deaths reported in Mumbai today
- Total number of cases now at 1,26,371 including 1,00,070 recovered/discharged cases
- 19,064 active cases and 6,940 deaths: Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC)
797 fresh COVID19 cases reported today
- This takes the total number of cases in the state to 44,024
- This includes 6,827 active cases, 36,694 recovered/discharged cases and 503 deaths
- Recovery rate in the state is 83.35%
12,712 new COVID-19 cases reported in Maharashtra taking the total number of cases in the State to 5,48,313 There are 1,47,513 active cases and the death toll is at 18,650. 13,408 people discharged today, total recoveries stand at 3,81,843: State Health Department
1,020 new COVID-19 cases, 422 recovered cases & 39 deaths reported in Punjab today, taking the total number of cases to 26,909, including 9,022 active cases, 17,212 recovered cases & 675 deaths: Government of Punjab
Union minister Shripad Naik tests positive for COVID-19, opts for home isolation
World cycling championships in Switzerland cancelled: Organisers
81 new COVID-19 cases, 1 death reported in Chandigarh today, taking the total number of cases to 1,751, including 700 active cases, 1,023 recovered cases & 26 deaths: Health Department, UT-Chandigarh
480 COVID-19 cases and 161 recoveries reported in Goa today, as of 6 pm. Total number of cases in the state is now at 9,924, including 3,194 active cases, 6,641 recovered, and 89 deaths: State Health Department
Karnataka reports 7,883 new cases, 7,034 recoveries & 113 deaths today
- This takes the total number of cases to 1,96,494
- It includes 80,343 active cases, 1,12,633 recovered cases & 3,510 deaths till date
- 2802 cases reported in Bengaluru: State Health Department, Karnataka
Jammu & Kashmir reported 482 new COVID-19 cases (106 in Jammu & 376 in Kashmir), 544 recoveries and 8 deaths in the last 24 hours, taking total number of cases to 26,413 till date, including 7,392 active cases, 18,523 recovered cases & 498 deaths.
- Government of Jammu & Kashmir
We are one of the few states in the country who is providing universal care for COVID-19 patients completely free of cost. From testing to treatment to food, transport, accommodation, everything is provided free of cost, and the objective is because of financial problem, nobody should suffer without being able to get treatment in Odisha.
- Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik
Odisha relaxes shutdown norms for few hours on Independence Day
- The fresh notification said that people can unfurl the National Flag in the four districts of Ganjam, Khurda, Gajapati and Cuttack and Rourkela city till 11 am on Independence Day.
- The government through a notification on July 31 had imposed weekend shutdown on Saturdays and Sundays in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The government has allowed people to unfurl National Flag on their premises subject to the condition that not more than 10 persons should congregate at any place and safety protocols such as social distancing, wearing masks, proper sanitation and others be duly maintained.
Concerns grow over rising COVID-19 infections in Germany
Germany's government is urging citizens to keep their guard up and stick to public health guidelines, as new COVID-19 infections have hit a three-month high and schools reopened in the country's most populous state.
41 new COVID-19 positive cases, 76 recovered cases in Manipur in the last 24 hours.
The state's total cases tally now stands at 3,982 including 1,739 active cases, 2,231 recovered cases and 11 deaths: State Health Department, Manipur
MoS Shripad Y Naik tests Covid-19 positive
9,597 new COVID-19 positive cases, 6,676 recoveries & 93 deaths reported in Andhra Pradesh
Total number of cases to 2,54,146, including 90,425 active cases, 1,61,425 recovered and 2,296 deaths so far: State Health Department, Andhra Pradesh
Jordan to close border with Syria after spike in COVID-19 cases
Nepal's coronavirus tally jumps to 24,432 with 484 new cases
'Baahubali' director SS Rajamouli, family test negative for COVID-19
UP CM visits Gorakhpur BRD Medical College, says over 1.51 lakh beds available for COVID-19 patients
Tamil Nadu reports 5,871 new COVID-19 cases and 119 deaths today
- This takes the total number of cases to 3,14,520
- State reported 5,278 deaths and 52,929 active cases till date
1,212 new COVID-19 cases and 5 deaths reported in Kerala. Of these new cases, 1,068 contracted the infection through local transmission
- Pinarayi Vijayan, Kerala Chief Minister
82 new COVID19 cases & 48 recovered cases reported in Himachal Pradesh till 5 pm today
- Total tally in the state is now is 3,579
- This includes 1,214 active cases, 2,321 recoveries and 16 deaths till date
Scientists sceptical about Russia's COVID-19 vaccine, cite lack of evidence for efficacy
National Expert Group on Vaccine Administration for COVID-19 met for the first time today & deliberated on a strategy to ensure COVID-19 vaccines’ availability & its delivery mechanism. The meeting was chaired by Dr V K Paul, Member Niti Aayog: Ministry of Health, Govt of India
9 new COVID-19 positive cases have been reported in Dharavi area of Mumbai today, taking the total number of cases to 2,643, including 87 active cases and 2298 discharges: Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation
In view of COVID-19, Air India (AI) has decided to close down its stations in Vienna, Milan, Madrid, Copenhagen, & Stockholm. AI would immediately initiate action for closure in consultation with local lawyers & advise the timelines by which the stations will be closed.
- Air India
92,414 tests in Bihar today, 97,911 in UP out of 7 lakh tests in the country
Norway to quarantine more travellers as COVID-19 rises
- Norway is reimposing quarantine on more travellers from foreign countries
- The government reiterated its advice that Norwegians should avoid travelling abroad
West Bengal: Each police station in Kolkata jurisdiction to have 2-4 experienced doctors, who will assist police if needed in COVID-19 situation & medical emergency. IMA state Secretary Dr Shantanu Sen writes a letter to Kolkata Police commissioner Anuj Sharma on the issue
Statewide complete lockdown on 28th August stands withdrawn. It will be observed on 20th August, 21st August, 27th August and 31st August.
- Government of West Bengal
India's COVID-19 recovery rate soars past 70%, record 56,110 recuperate in one day
Paris Marathon cancelled after coronavirus hits travel plans
COVID-19: India-Bhutan border trade via Bengal suspended due to lockdown in Himalayan kingdom
6,472 RTPCR/CBNAAT/TrueNat tests and 12,422 Rapid Antigen tests conducted today. Total number of tests done so far is 12,42,739 and 65407 tests per million have been conducted. Total number of containment zones as on date is 523.
- Government of Delhi
Delhi reports 1,113 new COVID-19 cases, 1,021 recovered/discharged/migrated cases & 14 deaths today
- The total positive cases now stands at 1,48,504
- This includes 1,33,405 recovered/discharged/migrated cases and 4153 deaths
We've decided to permit devotees inside temples, following COVID-19 precautions. Only 5 devotees allowed inside the temple at a time. People above 65 yrs & below 10 yrs not allowed. Devotees will collect 'prasadam' from outside temple: Travancore Devasowm Board President N Vasu
In a short span of 1.5 months more than 100 COVID-19 patients received Convalescent Plasma at Sheri-Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences (SKIMS). Thanking the donors, SKIMS Director Dr. A.G Ahangar has directed to issue a certificate of appreciation to warriors: SKIMS, Srinagar
Plea in SC seeks commission for inquiry into mismanagement of COVID-19 pandemic
- SC is scheduled to hear on Friday a plea which has sought a direction to the Centre to appoint a commission, headed by a retired apex court judge, for inquiry into the alleged mismanagement of the COVID-19 pandemic in the country.
- The petition has alleged that the Centre failed to undertake timely and effective measures for containing transmission of the virus and an independent inquiry by a commission, appointed under the Commissions of Inquiry Act 1952, was essential to inquire into the "lapses".
Puducherry witnesses highest single-day COVID-19 spike with 481 cases.
UP CM Yogi Adityanath visited BRD Medical College Gorakhpur to inspect hospital arrangements
Covid cases haven't yet peaked or even plateaued: AIIMS Director
- The remarks come at a time when the infections are racing ahead with the country adding at least a lakh new cases every two days.
- India has more than 23 lakh cases and over 46,000 deaths so far since the first case on January 30.
- Shedding light on the vaccine development, he said that India has an advantage because it makes almost 60 per cent of the world's vaccines.
- Guleria, however, advised caution with regards to the Russian vaccine, being touted as the world's first coronavirus vaccine. Elaborating on the safety aspect, he said that the issue would be just to make sure that the vaccine is "safe and efficacious".
Three cops die of COVID-19; 294 test positive in Maharashtra
- A total of 121 police personnel, including 11 officers, have succumbed to coronavirus infection in the state so far.
- With the addition of 294 fresh COVID-19 cases, the tally of infections in the police force has reached 11,392, of which 9,187 personnel have recovered and 2,084 are undergoing treatment.