While the intention of the Code on Social Security is to increase the retiral benefits of the employee, this could impact the take-home salary. Here is a closer look at the various aspects of the Code and how its implementation can impact the take-home pay of an employee.
- I purchased a plot in June 1997 and sold it in June 2019. How will I calculate the capital gains tax?
If you have held the asset for more than 24 months, the resulting capital g...
- I sold a flat in 2013 and invested some amount in an under construction flat. What will be my tax liability?
Tax exemption under the Capital Gains Account Scheme, 1988 is transitory in...
- New tax regime doesn't allow LTC cash voucher tax benefit: Experts
- How central government employees can avail benefit under LTC cash voucher scheme
- Should you opt for the LTC cash voucher scheme? Here's how much tax you will save
- Govt launches tax-exempt LTC cash voucher scheme to boost consumer spending
- My total income from pension and investments is Rs 13 lakh. Which ITR form should I use for filing ITR?
- Tax optimiser: Salaried Kapoor can save Rs 19,000 tax via NPS, perks
- Opting for New tax regime for FY 2020-21? You will have to fill this additional form
- How tax will be collected at source from individuals on these transactions from Oct 1
- If you don't care about tax concessions, here are ways to donate and make a difference
By stepping in to help, you can make a difference. However, you must not be...
- How to get Aadhaar card printed in PVC form
Any individual having an Aadhaar number can get this PVC card. The PVC card...
- RTGS to be available 24x7x365 from Dec 2020
- ICICI Bank launches debit card facility for customers availing loan against securities
- Rural agricultural households and their search for steady income
- How nominees can claim money from small savings schemes like PPF, NSC
- Withdrawing more than Rs 10,000 from SBI ATM? Don't forget to carry your mobile
- How and when the force majeure clause can protect financial contracts
0% Commission | Free Transactions
TomorrowMakersPowered by TDMC
- ELSS or ULIP or PPF: Where to invest?
- Undervalued stock indicators: How to find them and turn a large profit
- How Stock Market Trends Work: Factors That Cause Change In The Stock Market
- 6 Practical strategies to help reduce investment risk
- Debunking 7 myths about working moms
- 6 Financial conversations you must have before getting married
- The cost of not maintaining menstrual hygiene
- Negotiation strategies for women for a higher salary
- How much should I invest per month to save Rs 1 crore each for my daughters’ education and my retirement?
You will still have to accumulate around Rs 57 lakh. Assuming you earn a ...
- An ‘A’ less in rating could help debt investors ace returns game
Medium-term debt schemes, which invest in securities that mature between th...
- Are new equity large-cap mutual funds better than struggling peers? Here's what investors should do
- How new riskometer will help you pick the least risky debt mutual fund scheme
- Equity valuations are high: 6 things to keep in mind while rebalancing your investment portfolio
- What are money market mutual fund schemes?
- Three ways to invest in gold
- Axis Bluechip mutual fund review: A strict bias towards quality
- Will colour-coded health insurance policies ease buying for customers?
All individual health plans will be allotted three colours— green, orange a...
- Life insurance companies to offer standard term policy from Jan 1, 2021: Check details here
All life insurers permitted to mandatorily offer the standard term life pol...
- Buying a health insurance product? Here are three key factors to keep in mind
- Coronavirus has highlighted India’s healthcare crisis: Here's how we can resolve it
- Buying mental health insurance: How to choose, what to check while buying and more
- Irdai to look at system for colour-coding health insurance covers
- Corona Rakshak health insurance plan: All you need to know
- How health insurance has changed due to coronavirus crisis
From Across the WebRecommended by Colombia
- Zero cost EMI vs Buy now, pay later: What is the actual interest cost you pay in both the schemes?
While buying a product on EMI takes away the burden of paying the cost upfr...
- Govt offers staff Rs 10,000 festival advance to spend up to March 31, 2021
As per the government, the two proposals are designed in a way that they ca...
- Know how contactless payments are driving 'contactless connections' in the new normal
- Spend cautiously to sail through the coronavirus pandemic
- Planning a holiday in next few months? Avail these discounts on flights, hotels, travel packages now
- How to buy forex for foreign travel
- Smartphone prices may rise ahead of festive season as component rates hiked
- Tata Motors introduces subscription model for Nexon EV, starting at Rs 41,900 per month
- 6 ways to improve your chance of getting a home loan after retirement
Anyone trying to get a loan after retirement may be eligible for a low loan...
- How to apply for a personal loan?
As with any other kind of loan (i.e., home loan, auto loan and so), your c...
- If you are a borrower with a poor credit score, do this to get a loan
- What is a bridge loan?
- How to get a loan to buy a pre-owned car
- SBI waives processing fees on loans via Yono app, offers home loan interest rate discount
- ICICI Bank loan restructuring: Eligibility, documents required, charges, how to apply
- Which loans to pay off first to become debt free
- New social security code likely to hike retirals, cut take home pay for salaried
While the intention of the Code on Social Security is to increase the retir...
- What is second order thinking and how you can use it to succeed in your career
Your snapshot judgments are based on what you usually do, what everyone el...
- Job seeker? Follow these tips to prepare for and ace a telephonic interview
- Career success also depends on how well you tell a story: Here's how to master the art
- How to tackle tough questions in a job interview
- Unemployed or looking for job during Covid-19? Here're tips to deal with a crisis-hit job market
- Expert take: What the new normal of the job market looks like
- Goal setting not meant for you? Here's how you can still be successful
ET Wealth Classroom
- How to save, spend during coronavirus pandemic
You should try to save by cutting your discretionary expenses, so that you ...
- 10 financial learnings from Ravana’s life
If you invest in a particular stock or buy property, but it starts going do...
- How to not let pay cut tamper with your financial plans and goals
- What is the process to claim due in ancestors’ and father’s property?
- Money & relationships: 5 ways parents can pass on money-related anxiety to their children
- Better together: 5 ways couples can boost their finances by saving and investing jointly
- She lost her husband to Covid and control over money matters: Here's why women must take charge of finances
- Taking student loan for the first time amid coronavirus? Keep these 6 points in mind
Plan your Savings
- Property registrations in Delhi cross pre-Covid-19 levels in September
According to a Noida revenue department official, revenue collected from pr...
- Realty hot spot series: This Ahmedabad locality is served by a strong road network
Properties in Paldi-Ambawadi are priced between Rs 3,800 per sq ft and Rs 7...
- PIL in Supreme Court to frame model pacts to protect realty customers from builders, agents
- Hyderabad records highest new residential launches in Q3 2020; contributes 40% to overall launches: JLL
- Housing sales likely to rise 35% sequentially in festive season across top 7 markets
- Direct centre to frame builder-buyer, agent-buyer agreements: Plea in SC
- States must consider cutting stamp duty to boost demand: Housing secretary
- Housing sale in NCR reaches 45% of pre-covid level : Report
- Magicbricks ties up with 13 lenders to offer loans services homebuyers
- Mumbai, Pune account for 56% of the national unsold housing stock: Report
- Benefits of investing via P2P platform: Vinay Mathews explains
Vinay Mathews, Founder and COO, Faircent talks about the benefits of invest...
- Do you know how your loan gets funded on P2P platforms
This is the first thing that happens when a borrower submits an applicati...
- We want to be the alternate banking system in rural areas: PaisaDukan
- P2P investments: How does double digit return match up to risk factors?
- Watch: Will RBI revise Rs 10 lakh cap on P2P investments?
- Every transaction is validated multiple times on P2P platforms: Cashkumar
- Will ban on unregulated deposit schemes benefit P2P lending?
- 6 smart tips for investing in P2P lending
ET Wealth Magazine Archives
- EDITION - 12 Oct TO 18 Oct
Better together: 5 ways couples can boost their finances by saving and investing jointly
- EDITION - 5 Oct TO 11 Oct
Govt launches tax-exempt LTC cash voucher scheme to boost consumer spending
- EDITION - 28 Sep TO 4 Oct
The best investments for daughter's education and marriage
- EDITION - 21 Sep TO 27 Sep
Portion of EPF corpus is invested in equities: Is your EPF money safe?