If want to update your Aadhaar details, there are two ways of doing it:
A) By visiting Aadhaar enrolment centre/Aadhaar Seva Kendra
B) Online via the UIDAI website (For address only)
As per a UIDAI circular issued on April 1, 2019, name in Aadhaar card can be updated twice. Date of birth and gender can be updated only once during the lifetime of the Aadhaar card holder. If the updation has to be done more than the prescribed limit, then it will be done under 'Exception Handling process.' Click here to read more about it.
VISITING AADHAAR ENROLMENT CENTRE/AADHAAR SEVA KENDRA
By visiting an Aadhaar enrolment centre and/or Aadhaar Seva Kendra, an individual can update all the details in his/her Aadhaar number. These include name, address, gender, date of birth, mobile number, email ID, photo, fingerprints and iris scan.
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT:As on 12th June 2020, over 17000 Aadhaar Kendra run by our registrars namely Banks, India P… https://t.co/3uyzMqhOlt— Aadhaar (@UIDAI) 1591942973000
To locate the nearest Aadhaar enrolment centre, click here. The nearest enrolment centre can be located by State, Pin code and Search box (details using locality, district).
If you are visiting the Seva Kendra to update your name, address, gender, and/or date of birth, then don't forget to carry the original documents with the correct details. However, to update your mobile number and/or email ID you are not required to provide any documents.
#AadhaarEssentialsTo add or update mobile number in your Aadhaar, visit any Aadhaar Kendra. No document required.… https://t.co/JpN0JEuJaj— Aadhaar (@UIDAI) 1592984731000
#AadhaarEssentialsTo add or update email ID in your Aadhaar, visit any Aadhaar Kendra. No document required. You c… https://t.co/IyrYqvbXJ8— Aadhaar (@UIDAI) 1592891529000
The UIDAI has launched an online facility wherein one can book appointments to visit the Aadhaar Seva Kendra. The appointment can be booked on the UIDAI website: https://uidai.gov.in/ under the 'My Aadhaar' tab.
UPDATING ADDRESS ONLINE ON UIDAI WEBSITE
Not all details can be updated online. For instance, registering/updating mobile number, correcting name spelling, gender and date of birth cannot be updated online. On the other hand, one can easily update one's address online on the UIDAI website.
@KISHAN_SINGH94 Online mobile number/ Name/ Gender/ DoB/ Photo or Biometrics update not possible. It requires a vis… https://t.co/gdud5ncWPP— Aadhaar Help Centre (@Aadhaar_Care) 1585034901000
Existing Aadhaar card holders can update their address details online. Further, those who do not have proof for updating the correct address details in their Aadhaar card can also use the online facility to do the same.
Before you go ahead with address updation, ensure that your mobile number is registered in UIDAI records. Click here to know how you can update the address in your Aadhaar online.
Fees for updating Aadhaar card details
- As per the office memorandum of the UIDAI dated May 9, 2020, if you update your Aadhaar details by visiting Aadhaar Seva Kendra/Aadhaar enrolment centre, then you will be required to pay Rs 50 (for each update). This amount will be charged whether you update one detail or more than one demographic detail.
- Biometric update (i.e., updation of photo/fingerprints/iris scan) will cost Rs 100 even if other demographic details (i.e., name, mobile number, gender etc.) are not updated.
- If you update biometric and demographic details together, the enrolment centre cannot charge you more than Rs 100 irrespective of the number of changes.
- Updation of address on the UIDAI website is free of cost.
As per the UIDAI website, the turnaround time for updation is 90 days.
(This article has been updated with latest available information as on 23 July, 2020).
Read More News on
- Aadhaar-based farmer database in the works
- Govt notifies new rules to expand the use of Aadhaar beyond welfare schemes
- Aadhaar authentications hit new high in April, May
- How to link PAN with Aadhaar
- How to update address in Aadhaar card online with and without proof
- Aadhaar no longer mandatory for Odisha's portal for returnees
81 Comments on this Story
Simanchal Naik70 days ago
Simanchal naik 18 01 1994
Sankaran Venkatarama Iyer78 days ago
Aadhaar Self Service Portal is not opening and always shows error message.
S.B.Shah.79 days ago
which original documents should i carry to update Aadhar card with adress & phone number.